Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 1997 18:10:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Charles O'Donnell" <cao@bus.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X fonts

During a recent installation of a 2.2.2 system with X, I forgot to install
the 100dpi, cyrillic, speedo, etc fonts. I remounted the cdrom and
unpacked the following files manually as follows:

root# cd /usr/X11R6
root# tar xzf /cdrom/XF8632/X32f100.tgz
root# tar xzf /cdrom/XF8632/X32fcyr.tgz
root# tar xzf /cdrom/XF8632/X32fscl.tgz

Then rebooted.

Everything seems to be working correctly, but could someone verify that
this is all that is required?  Do I need to add any lines to any /etc/rc
files or run any utils like mkfontdir or anything?

Any input appreciated.

I am not on the mailing list so please reply directly.

Thanks all.

Chuck