Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 1997 00:29:00 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: termcap and color

J Wunsch scribbled this message on Apr 3:
> As John-Mark Gurney wrote:
>
> > so:
> > o)	I add Co, Sf, and Sb to termcap(5)
>
> Note that you should also mention that it's a matter of the
> application whether it even remotely thinks of using these entries or
> not.  That's the thing with termcap (as opposed to terminfo): you can
> extend it beyond things that have been originally intended.

ok.. sounds good...  I think instead of listing 'em all... I'll just add
a segment and point them to the document Bruce mentioned...

> Note also that XFree86's termcap entry defines two similar
> capabilities: AB is a synonym for Sb, and AF is a synonym for Sf.  It
> depends on the application which one it's expecting.  They also define
> pa#64.

actually, it's screen that uses AF and AB (in addition to Sf, Sb)...  but
all entries that use color happen to define pa#64 also...  thanks for
the pointers...

--
  John-Mark
  Cu Networking                             Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD