Date:      Mon, 05 Dec 2011 00:33:41 +0100
From:      Christian Brueffer <brueffer@FreeBSD.org>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?5Zu+5r2Y?= <patula777@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hardware List

On 12/4/11 23:54 , 图潘 wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am trying to build a freebsd hardware compatibility database merging it
> with vendor hardware databases, so that searching for supported devices or
> products will be easier than checking the man pages or the web.
>
> Anyway, I checked the hardware release notes as a first start and stopped
> at the statement.
>
> Note: The device lists in this document are being generated automatically
> from FreeBSD manual pages. This means that some devices, which are
> supported by multiple drivers, may appear multiple times.
>
> So, could anybody tell me how you generate this list.
> I would use this script and generate a list, that more fits the structure
> of the database.

The hardware notes are mostly compiled from the HARDWARE sections of the
section 4 manpages.  The interesting files are the following:

src/release/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/hardware/article.sgml
src/release/doc/share/misc/man2hwnotes.pl
src/release/doc/share/misc/dev.archlist.txt

doc/share/sgml/man-refs.ent

Note that there are still some "manual" entries in article.sgml.

Cheers,

Chris