Date:      Thu, 24 May 2001 10:37:26 -0700
From:      Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU>
To:        Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: general speed differences between 4.1.1-RELEASE and 4.3-RELEASE

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 07:30:28PM +0200, Erik Trulsson wrote:
> On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 10:18:13AM -0700, Ted Faber wrote:
> > read-only, a one-liner in the ata man page (that I'm happy to write)
> > would be a good thing.
>
> The relevant one-liner from the ata(4) man page is:
>        The following tunables are setable from the loader:
>        hw.ata.wc

D'oh!

Got it.  I got private mail telling me to set it in the loader and was
all set to add a line to the page to mention that, when I see it's
already there.

Nothing like telling a world-wide mailing list that you can't
read. :-(

At any rate I understand how to control write caching, and I've found
my reading glasses.  Thanks for the patience.

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE--