Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:35:39 +1030
From:      Ian Moore <imoore@picknowl.com.au>
To:        Trey Sizemore <trey@fastmail.fm>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KDE issues after recent portupgrade

--nextPart184425270.QstkFFnktf

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 02:53, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 20:52 +1030, Ian Moore wrote:
> > You could try removing the kde packages & install packages instead -
> > the
> > FreeBSD-KDE people seem to suggest that's the prefered method for KDE.
>
> <snip>
>
> What is the 'best'/'easiest' way to uninstall kde ports and then do a
> fresh reinstall?

Looking at what's been happening in this thread since I last checked my mai=
l,=20
I gather you are now faced with doing this. I'm no expert, but I'd say cd t=
o=20
each of the ports directories and do a make deinstall. Do all the kde ports=
,=20
leaving the kde3 metaport till last. Then make deinstall quanta, arts & qt.
Now set your PACKAGESITE env. variable as per the instructions on fruitsala=
d.
Then pkg_add qt, arts, kdelibs, kdebase, kdenetwork, then the other kde por=
ts, =20
quanta & finally the kde metaport.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,