Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 09:34:36 +1200 (NZST)
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@logisticsoftware.co.nz>
To:        gary sikes <jayone@intertex.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UNIX

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, gary sikes wrote:

> Can I load FreeBSD on a Windows system than hook up an older Unix system
>
> and get my old files off of the old Unix system?

FreeBSD is an operating system by itself. This means that it can
only coexist with Windows on a separate partition, and only one
of them can be running.

Once you install it; you should be able to hook it up
to another UNIX system and suck what you want off it. However,
you should be able to get those files onto Windows using some
of the tools that are available out there. What sort of (older)
UNIX system are you thinking about?

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen