Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:15:52 +0800
From:      Russell Clarke <rclarke@odyssey.apana.org.au>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   ghostscript-gnu 7.05, adding patch to support some bjc printers

Goodday,

I had a small problem with getting my printer(a BJC-256sp) to work with the ghostscript-gnu port, to get it working you had to download a patch(avail http://bjc250gs.sourceforge.net) and then rebuild.

I was able to successfully get this to work. But had to spend a bit of time to modify the  makefile, configure, configure.batch scripts so the drivers would actually build.

I was wondering oh what the possibility of adding the  bjc250gs driver as a build option to the port. As this may help save a considerable amount of time and headaches for the next person with a similar printer.

I can provide a patch of Makefiles and scripts that I changed to get this to happened

Regards
Russell Clarke