Date:      Wed, 9 Mar 2005 08:29:02 +0200
From:      Riaan Annandale <riaana@mundane.co.za>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hi All + Technical question

--7qSK/uQB79J36Y4o

Whoops!

Sorry everyone! Please ignore, i found this on the list description:

 FreeBSD-Newbies is different. We don't ask for FreeBSD help or answer how-=
to questions. It is a discussion forum for newbies.

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 08:25:08AM +0200, Riaan Annandale wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>=20
> I literraly juts signed on tho the list, and now it's time for some n00b =
questions.
>=20
> I didn't know if I whould ask on the technical list seeing as IMHO this i=
s a pretty n00b question.
>=20
> See I've got quite an extensive linux background so I figured it can't be=
 that difficult on freeBSD. I've played around with BSD once or twice (back=
 in version 3 and 4) but never for very long before giving up and moving ba=
ck to SuSE.
>=20
> However, this time I think i got the bull by the horns! I've migrated all=
 my stuff from linux to BSD (workstation wise) there's just a couple of out=
standing issues. Ie. KDM/GDM needs to work properly, as other people use my=
 machine for an X server.
>=20
> And i am currently still sorting out mailman with postfix. Which was my o=
wn fault as to why it's not working.
>=20
> However, there are two things that are bugging me. Whenever I leave X, th=
e console seems to get darker, eventually I can't see it anymore, and have =
to reboot to sort the problem out. I feel this could be video card related =
- I have a GeForce 4 MX 420 with the latest NVidia drive. And I have disabl=
ed the AGP, ACPI is also disabled otherwise X just hangs.
>=20
> So I was wondering if anyone has any clue as to what this might be?
>=20
> And second I dunno how many of you use gkrellm in windowmaker but, i can'=
t get it to appear on every work space. This I am sure, is a real dumb thin=
g on my part because i feel it must be something really simple.
>=20
> Other than that however, everything is going great!=20
>=20
> Let me know if this is too technical for a newbie list so that I can put =
it on the tech list too if need be.
>=20
> Thanks in advance!
> --=20
>    Riaan Annandale
>    Engineering: Senior Systems Administrator
>    Tiscali (PTY) LTD.
>    INTERNET WITH A PASSION
>=20
>    42 Wierda Road West, Wierda Valley, Sandton
>    Office : 0861 22 55 86
>    E-Mail : Riaan.Annandale@za.tiscali.com
>    http://www.tiscali.co.za/

---end quoted text---

--=20
   Riaan Annandale
   Engineering: Senior Systems Administrator
   Tiscali (PTY) LTD.
   INTERNET WITH A PASSION

   42 Wierda Road West, Wierda Valley, Sandton
   Office : 0861 22 55 86
   E-Mail : Riaan.Annandale@za.tiscali.com
   http://www.tiscali.co.za/

--7qSK/uQB79J36Y4o