Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:07:02 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Shashi Joshi <shashi@shift-f1.com>
Cc:        molter@logic.it (Marco Molteni), vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM, security@FreeBSD.ORG, mario1@PrimeNet.Com
Subject:   Re: So, lets have a checklist compiled (was Re: Security hole)

> Exactly my thoughts. So, do we get a checklist or reference list from the
> gurus?

I seriously doubt it.  None of the gurus have this kind of time.

> My point? Having a document or a checklist would be real helpful to newbies
> and can serve as a quick reference for the gurus.

The body of available UNIX documentation out there, much of which is
listed in the glossary of the FreeBSD handbook, is about as good as it
gets and it isn't all that bad - even as complete a "checklist" as I
could imagine would end up being largely replicating the docs which
these books currently provide.

					Jordan