Date:      Sun, 23 Sep 2001 23:13:17 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   GCC 3.0

Greetings,

Pardon my ignorance as I have been "out of the loop" for a while, but what's
the word on GCC 3? I have heard that there are problems compiling complex
C++. That will likely be (or may have been) fixed in an upcoming patch,
so...
Does GCC 3.0 improve FreeBSD binary performance?
Does it include optimizations for newer chips such as the Athlon? (2.x
didn't seem to have anything in the wway of K7 optimizations)
Are higher optimization levels less buggy?

Thanks for any info/opinions

C. Burns