Date:      Mon, 30 Jan 1995 14:36:21 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Nickolay Yanovich <nick@columbia.dia.unisa.it>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Questions about FreeBSD upgrade

> 	1. Is it possible to upgrade my current version of FreeBSD or I must
> to make new installation for SNAP version?

If you can run sup, and have some disk space, then you can update your
source tree to current status and `make the world' :-)

> 	2. Can I change for example only kernel of the system?

No, not recommended.

> 	3. What will happen with my already installed packeges and
> applications in this case?

Applications and packages are fine, it's just a number of system binaries
that need to stay up-to-date with the kernel (routed, ifconfig, etc).

> 	4. Also I have installed gcc-2.6.3. Must I reinstall after changing
> from 2.0-RELEASE to 2.0-SNAP version?

Depends on where you've installed it.. :-)

> 	5. How I can configure IDE CD-ROM on my machine?

Write a driver for one..  We don't support those yet! :-(

						Jordan