Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:36:23 -0500
From:      "Grant Peel" <grant@thenetnow.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Root Servers - Nameserver Update.

Hi all,

I will be moving our servers this weekend to a new POP.

The move includes our nameservers, also, all our IPs will change.

1) Does anyone KNOW when the root servers update DNS for hosts (NS's)?

2) We were planning to change the DNS about 11:00 P.M. this Saturday, Taking
the machines to the new POP, and hoping by the time we did the DNS would
start resolving to the new IPs. Which leads back to question 1... How soon
before a move would you say we should change the IPs dor the
nameservers....BTW, all TTLs are set to 30 minutes. (Including the
nameservers.

-Grant

Grant W. Peel
Server Admin