Date:      Fri, 03 Aug 2001 19:39:19 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        Brad Huntting <huntting@glarp.com>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>, kris@obsecurity.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPSEC/IPSEC_ESP module(s)

On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 10:40:24 CST, Brad Huntting wrote:

> > Have we come to a decision on when we're going to either drop floppy
> > support or consider a different version of GENERIC for the CDROM
> > installation?
>
> Along the lines of droping floppy support:  I just managed to setup
> a DHCP/TFTP/NFS diskless boot server that boots the floppy install
> images.  Unfortunatly, it did require nfs.

I take it from all the peripheral postings that the answer to my
questions is "no". :-)

I wonder how we even begin to decide such a thing.

By the way, even if floppy support is not discontinued, there's nothing
holding back the development of more flexible non-floppy kernel
arrangements.  Perhaps that's the route to take, before we even think
about dropping floppies.

Ciao,
Sheldon.