Date:      Thu, 06 Sep 2012 08:33:59 -0500
From:      Bryan Drewery <bryan@shatow.net>
To:        Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@komquats.com>
Cc:        Harlan Stenn <stenn@ntp.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Automatic Port

On 9/5/2012 11:57 PM, Cy Schubert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm considering a -devel port which checks out from our upline's VCS repo,
> also generating a dynamic plist. I'm sure this is possible. Are there any
> examples of this?

AFAIK it had only been done with 1 port, and that has been reverted due
to not having a known distinfo.

The preferred way is to just do snapshot updates. That way the user is
alerted to new versions. Otherwise they are sitting on this "9999"
version forever until they *force* reinstall to get an upgrade.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery