Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 1999 12:43:02 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        shaun@shamz.net
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: scsi bus errors

In article <19991105120951.C1083@shamz.net> you wrote:

[
  I've reformatted your mail so it fits in 80 columns.  This makes
  it much easier to read.
]

> Hi,
>
> After reading the lists and trying about everything under the sun
> to get the errors to abate, I am finally writing.  The setup is
> about the same as all the others with SCB timeout errors.

> I left out the logs because they don't seem to have been more than
> grounds for speculation about termination and such up until now.

As far as I know, we've resolved all other "timeout" type errors
with the ahc driver.  This was only possible because the people
having the problems gave detailed information about their setup
and the errors that occurred.  In other words, provide the output
from 'dmesg' for the system having problems as well as the messages
output by the driver when the errors occur and we'll see what we
can do.  Leave the determination of what is valuable information
to the experts.

--
Justin