Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 02:17:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        chat@freebsd.org, core@freebsd.org
Subject:   I ask you to respond to Linus

Hey guys,

	Linus just attacked me publically in a very uncalled for way
	on USENET.  I responded as strongly as I could, but there was
	no reason for him to call me a liar.  I value integrity more
	highly than ANY programming skill.  Please try to convince him
	to publically retract his statement.

	I did respond very aggressively, but it was deserved.  If his
	posting was forged, I would publically apologize to him, but
	I have NO REASON to suspect that.

	The flamewar had settled down, and this thing came out of the
	blue.  I know that he is young, but this is ridiculous.

	Thanks
	John