Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 11:23:25 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Time drift.

On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, Kevin Day wrote:

> I'm experimenting with the SMP kernel on a 3.0-SNAP release.
>
> The clock seems to be drifting about 30-45 seconds a day now, where it was
> less than 1 sec/week before.

Actually, someone pointed this out to me this morning that my clock was
wrong: Wed Nov 12 11:33:32 GMT 1997

The actual time is... Wed Nov 12 11:16:21 GMT 1997

The second machine that I'm using for reference is running xntpd, so I
guess it shouldn't have gone out much, but the first one was set 34 days
ago (I remember setting the clock last reboot).. That's 30 seconds out a
day so it fits with your observation.. That's running 3.0-970618-SNAP
(SMP), the reference machine is a very stable router which (needs an
upgrade!) is running 3.0-970209-SNAP (UP)

So I guess I'm going to be putting xntpd on this machine to find out
what's going on..

> Anyone seen this before?

[Well, I saw it before I read your post, but only by coincidence was it
ten minutes before.. but then my clock is wrong so who's judging which is
before =)]

	Steve

--
Steve Roome - Vision Interactive Ltd.
Tel:+44(0)117 9730597 Home:+44(0)976 241342