Date:      Mon, 7 Jun 2004 21:47:19 +0200
From:      Dimitry Andric <dimitry@andric.com>
To:        Brian Feldman <green@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft@gmx.net>
Subject:   Re: esd leaking file descriptors

------------111EDD6F092F48

On 2004-06-07 at 21:29:18 Brian Feldman wrote:

>> Here are two excerpts from kdump output that basically repeat all the
>> time:

> I see a lot of accept(2) there... I think it's a good possibility
> Robert accidentally broke accept[1]()'s error cleanup.

Hmm, I'm starting to think that this is why I ran into a similar
problem with Squid yesterday; it ran out of file descriptors, started
spamming the console, and made the machine quite inaccessible. :)
(Luckily there's a serial console.)  I've run Squid on FreeBSD for
years now, without ever encountering something like this!  I then
unthinkingly bumped kern.maxfiles to 8192, but it's probably better if
I try Robert's patch too.

------------111EDD6F092F48

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (MingW32)

iD8DBQFAxMZHsF6jCi4glqMRAjlXAKDs3fMCQJDNO5oAs6wvjBx14DWzfgCglej3
6mh7ljQmcmESOkneMg/rgSQ=
=3l0l
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

------------111EDD6F092F48--