Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2018 10:56:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@pdx.rh.CN85.dnsmgr.net>
To:        tech-lists <tech-lists@zyxst.net>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vmrun.sh - how to pin vcpu to realcpu?

> Hi,
>
> As subject - how can I pin a VM that used 4x cpu (-c 4) to realcpu?
> I know that it's the -p option but am unclear on the syntax.
>
> vmrun.sh gives the following for -p
>
> -p: pass-through a host PCI device at bus/slot/func (e.g. 10/0/0)
>
> but how to express this for vcpus and realcpus?

vmrun.sh and bhyve(8) are seperate commands,
only bhyve(8) supports the cpu pin option as -p,
you can not do this with the example script vmrun.sh
unless you modify it yourself and add some other
option to do this with.

To do the pinning with bhyve(8) you do something like

	bhyve -p 0:0 -p 1:1 -p 2:2 -p 3:7

if I am reading the code correctly.