Date:      Fri, 6 Jul 2001 17:47:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Ardelean Gheorghe <ardelean@ww.uni-erlangen.de>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Install problems with FreeBSD on Alpha Server 2100, 5/250

Mike Smith writes:

 > > I think the Mylex and Qvision should be fine -- we should just ignore
 > > them.
 >
 > Actually, the Mylex will work just fine (with the mlx driver), and the
 > Qvision should just show up as a VGA card.

Err, no it won't.  At least not on alpha -- this is an EISA card.
Does mlx have an EISA attachment these days?

 > Is it just me, or is this the EV5 version of the 2100, not the EV4 that
 > you were working on, Drew?

Well, Timothy First from MSU loaned me his EV5 2100A (3 250MHz CPUs),
so we should work on both EV4 and EV5 2100As in 4.3-RELEASE, as well
as the well-tested EV4 2100.  But I'm not sure anybody has tested an
EV5 2100 (note the lack of an "A").

I think this will probably require me building test kernels &
interacting heavily with Ardelean Gheorghe, unless it turns out to be
a hardware problem.

Drew