Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:21:46 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Fwd: IBM denies non-GPL licensing of JFS

Just received the following message from IBM. Apparently, for reasons
unknown, IBM is declining to license JFS under even its own "IBM
Public License," but is insisting upon using the GPL only. This
is especially ironic and unfortunate because IBM derived the TCP/IP
stack for OS/2 from that of NetBSD. Hopefully, in the future, IBM
will be more willing to release source under licenses which do not
hurt some open source projects while favoring others.

--Brett Glass