Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:18:05 CDT
From:      Kirk R Wythers <wythe001@umn.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   only root can run gnome

I am very perplexed as to what is going on with gnome after I upgraded with
cvsup to 4.6 from 4.5.

As root I can fire up gnome (1.4)just fine. However, as a user, gnome hangs
on the splashscreen.

I am running XFree86 4.2 and have x11/wrapper installed. All was working
fine with XFree86 4.2 and gnome 1.4 before I upgradded. I do know that I
messed up with mergemaster, and ended up having to use adduser to re-add
users since I blew away /etc/master.passwd and /etc/groups. It is possible
that I messed something else with mergemaster.

Any ideas where to look before I try re-compiling gnome?

Kirk