Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 2020 10:58:16 -0500
From:      Ash Gokhale <ashfixit@gmail.com>
To:        kamalp@acm.org
Cc:        freebsd-dtrace@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: set argument

>  How does dtrace access the argument type declarations when we define a new
> SDT? eg:- I define an SDT that has arg0 as (struct mystrust*)
>
> I have defined in my proprietary header file
> ---------------
>
> I want my probe to be able to access the typedeffor struct abc and struct

 To access yourSDT arg struct as a cooked object you may have to include
fragments of your header including  the srtuct in your dtrace script and
perhaps a copyin() to get it into kernel memory:

#!/sbin/dtrace -s
struct {
int code;
void*  location;
char* description
} err_desc_s;

pid$target:::myERRORprobe
{
this->f =(struct err_desc_s*) copyin( arg1, sizeof ( err_desc_s));
print( this->f);
}