Date:      Sat, 12 May 2012 17:29:38 GMT
From:      Christopher May <Maquis196@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   amd64/167827: RTL8111/8168B Issues (stalling/only 100Mb)

>Number:         167827
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       RTL8111/8168B Issues (stalling/only 100Mb)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
On the Asus E45M1-I Deluxe motherboard the onboard NIC is a Realtek 8111E Gigabit.

pciconf -lv output;

re0@pci0:4:0:0:	class=0x020000 card=0x84321043 chip=0x816810ec rev=0x06 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.'
    device     = 'RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller'
    class      = network

Now this motherboard only syncs to the gigabit switch at 100Mb. When rsyncing I can only get ~6.7Mb/s out of it right until it stalls and once that happens it doesn't resume.

The official Realtek drivers don't support BSD9 (errors in compile). I've enabled the stats and got this after stopping rsync;

re0 statistics:
Tx frames : 83761
Rx frames : 44381
Tx errors : 0
Rx errors : 0
Rx missed frames : 0
Rx frame alignment errs : 0
Tx single collisions : 0
Tx multiple collisions : 0
Rx unicast frames : 44040
Rx broadcast frames : 341
Rx multicast frames : 0
Tx aborts : 0
Tx underruns : 0

I saw it mentioned in forum about others having this problem but couldn't find any PR's for it. So apologies if this is dupe. I'm able to run any tests anyone requests on this.

>How-To-Repeat:
Just use the NIC.