Date:      Sun, 1 Sep 2002 21:09:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
Cc:        Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com>, <gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports mozilla (1.1,1) on freebsd 4.6.2 can't open windows

On 1 Sep 2002, Joe Kelsey wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 12:00, Paul Vixie wrote:
> > clicking on any operation which would normally cause a new window to
> > be created is ignored.  this includes "open link in new window" as
> > well as "mail and newsgroups" and "ichat".
>
> Edit->Preferences->Advanced->Scripts and Windows
>
> The default is now to *not* open new windows.  If you actually *enjoy*
> having pop-ups and other annoying things appear, go right ahead and
> check "Open unrequested windows".

I was having some problems with an upgrade on one of my build machines.
Turns out root owned some of the prefs files.  I zarched my ~/.mozilla
directory, and now everything works like a champ.  And new windows _do_
open by default.

I am able to open IRC Chat, and pop up windows also come up.  If you're
seeing behavior which you think is errant, try moving your ~/.mozilla
directory out of the way, and see if the problems persist.

Joe