Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 18:59:29 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mergemaster after upgrade

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999 16:43:20 GMT, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

> Well i ran mergemaster, and now i am thoroughly confused.  I understand
> what it is doing, but the question is, if i leave everything AS-IS, will i
> lose functionality?

Possibly, yes.  In fact, you may lose your machine.  For example, if
a new and terrifying feature is introduced into the kernel and it is
turned off in /etc/defaults/rc.conf, you won't have the new rc.conf, so
it's conceivable that the feature may be turned on at boot time.

Of course, this shouldn't happen.  But we all know what that means. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.