Date:      Wed, 05 Feb 1997 16:45:07 -0800
From:      Burton Sampley <bsampley@best.com>
To:        "." <manson@coqui.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: supra 22.6 internal pnp modem... HELP!!

. wrote:

> I am trying to install freebsd 2.1.6 via FTP
> at boot time, the os does not recognize my PNP modem
> there is no way to turn of PNP on this card.
>
> Is there any way to fix this, or do i have to wait for newer version of
> FreeBSD which WILL support PNP?
>
> TIA
>
> -Juan Torres

I have a Supra Plug-N-Pray 28.8i (works with 2.1.5 and 2.2 -Beta) which
works fine with the install ftp option.  One thing that did stump me at
first was Winlbloze95 recognized my modem as sio1 (com2) and my mouse as
sio0 (com1) on a P60 Plug-N-Pray BIOS motherboard.  Both Linux and FBSD
recognized my modem as sio0 (com1) and my mouse as sio1 (com2).

When you get to the section of the the install where you need to call
your ISP from within ppp try changing the device to /dev/cuaa0, if this
doesn't work try changing it to /dev/cuaa1.

Hope this helps.

--
Burton Sampley
Email: bsampley@best.com   |   home page: http://www.best.com/~bsampley