Date:      Sun, 04 Apr 2004 13:07:50 -0400
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Eric De la Cruz Lugo <eric@iteso.mx>
Cc:        freebsd-standards@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i386_get_ioperm syntax....

Eric De la Cruz Lugo wrote:
[ ... ]
> callbacks.cc: In member function `int CPost::DeviceControl(int, int)':
> callbacks.cc:160: error: invalid conversion from `int' to `unsigned int*'
> callbacks.cc:160: error: invalid conversion from `int' to `int*'
> callbacks.cc:163: error: invalid conversion from `int' to `unsigned int*'
> *** Error code 1
[ ... ]
>  else if(flags==5){
>          return i386_get_ioperm(0x3F8, 6, 1);
>       }
>       else if(flags==6){
>          return i386_get_ioperm(0x3F8, 6, 0);
>       }
[ ... ]
> some knows how to solve something like this?, am not a c++ programmer, if
> someone can give me a hint about what the right values for the
> i386_get_ioperm() should be in FreeBSD 5.2.1, please reply to my e-mail.

You need to pass the address of a variable (ie, &myvar) to i386_get_ioperm(),
which will set your variables to the appropriate values when you call it.

See the manpage:

      int
      i386_get_ioperm(unsigned int start, unsigned int *length, int *enable);
[ ... ]
DESCRIPTION
      i386_get_ioperm() will return the permission for the process' I/O port
      space in the *enable argument.  The port range starts at start and the
      number of contiguous entries will be returned in *length.

--
-Chuck