Date:      Tue, 2 May 2000 01:58:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "NandaKumar P.K." <p_k_nandan@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   crash dump on swap device

Hi,

I wanted to analyse a driver crash dump in FreeBSD
3.4. I specified the dumpdevice in rc.conf, but i am
not finding anything under the /var/crash directory. I
made the kernel crash in my test PCI driver using an
invalid access. (writing to 0xFFFFFFFF). The reason
may be that the kernel crashes even before reading the
rc.conf file.

Now i want to specify the dump device in the kernel
configuration file and make a new kernel so that the
kernel writes the data to the dump device. But the
handbook hasn't given the format to specify in the
kernel config. file. man config also doesn't help. So
any one can help ?

Regards,
Nandan