Date:      Fri, 17 May 1996 14:12:21 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@tetard.hsc.fr>
To:        rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org (hackers)
Subject:   Re: Standard Shipping

Richard Wackerbarth écrit / writes:

> > 	What  do  people  think ?  So   far  I've seen  one complaint about
> ftp.ee.freebsd.org.
>
> I think you may be asking the wrong crowd. Most of you don't see the activity
> that I am addressing. Or the e-mail that I get about using CTM.

	True  -- this question  should be asked to  -current users, as they
	are  the ones directly  concerned  with the update  system.  But  I
	think that most of them will still  not see anything wrong with it:
	like  you  said, people  like you    (distributors) are having  the
	difficulties, and  maybe people at the  end of the chain (i.e.: the
	people doing these updates) will not see the problem.

> My proposal is to install a mechanism that simplifies the situation for the
> users. The implementation is not difficult. And once the scripts are changed,
> they will keep things going automatically rather than requiring repeated
> manual intervention.

	So if   the situation is  difficult  for the users, they  should be
	asked.

								-- Phil

--
| Philippe Regnauld |_______Herve Schauer Consultants_______| regnauld@hsc.fr |