Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 1999 16:15:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        Chris Piazza <cpiazza@home.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NT reliability (was: Microsoft service packs... (was many other threads...))

Today Chris Piazza wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 01:57:47PM -0500, Greg Lehey wrote:
> >
> > It doesn't seem to be possible to stop and start interfaces on NT;
> > instead, you reboot.  Not what I would expect of any good OS, let
>
> FWIW, Windows 2000 can do this fine.  It only took a few years ;-).

Can it add and remove alias IPs on interfaces without the reboot
that NT needs?

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null