Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 23:55:32 -0500
From:      "Mark S. Reichman" <reichman@twcny.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   True Type fonts and Altavista

Can someone please tell me what kind of font Altavista is
using on their web page?  No matter what true type
fonts I load up and use under the S3.xtt X server, I
cannot get the page to render nicely.  The only thing
I can figure,  is that altavista is using a font that is
not a standard windows install font?  Or, the font
they are using is somehow aliased correctly under windows
to another installed font but my X installation is not aliasing it
correctly
to a font that I have.
Currently I have no fonts.alias dir in my TrueType dir.
I notice the /misc dir does have fonts.alias file.
Do I need a fonts.alias in my TrueType dir to solve this problem
with Altavista and what font are they using?