Date:      Fri, 24 Feb 1995 15:53:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@server.iadfw.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-current syscons bug/feature

In reply:
> From wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu Fri Feb 24 13:53:34 1995
> Subject: FreeBSD-current syscons bug/feature
>
> <<On Fri, 24 Feb 1995 07:33:54 -0600 (CST), Jim Bryant <jbryant@server.iadfw.net> said:
>
> > Shouldn't the scrollback on the console only work if there is a valid
> > login at that particular /dev/ttyv* ?  Logout from your console, try the
> > scrollback, and think for a sec...  Among other wierdness in syscons...
>
> I don't think so.  Oft as not, what I want to see when I use
> scrollback on my console is some syslog message or kernel printf that
> just scrolled off the screen...
>
> -GAWollman

Use a logging console for that stuff, or add a seperate buffer.  I'm
thinking of the security aspects being able to casually walk up to the
console and view portions of the previous login.

If it is not possible to hack in the near future, I would suggest making
it a config option.

Jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you   | "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid | briefed, debriefed, indexed, or