Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 1997 19:08:27 -0500
From:      Nathan Vidican <nate@mnsi.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ppp troubles

the following is a CC from a note i posted on a newsgroup, (cannot remember
name...using ms-news):

okay, i ran pppd, and it told me to look at a certain txt file, because my
kernel has no support for ppp...I could not find this file..
I am using user ppp, i then run term, dial my isp, it connects' and gives
me my ip, the says packet ode on, and gives me
<PPP on nate>
I then go to a different tty, and try t\ftp, telnet, or ping, nothing works.

I also get a warning when i type ppp "defaut entry not given in config
file" i did edit /etc/ppp/ppp.conf for my isp, and for dynamic ip's, as
instructed by freebsd faq. I also changed a few other files that effected
what my isp's dns server was, however, i cannot  even ping an IP address?

Nathan Vidican
(519) 728-4190
nate@mnsi.net
http://www.mnsi.net/~nate