Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:39:21 +0000
From:      Martin Grigorov <mcgregory@e-card.bg>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thread's type

Hi all,

I want to ask what type are Java threads in FreeBSD - green or native ?
I'm using FreeBSD 5.3 and jdk 1.4.2 from ports, actually
/usr/ports/jdk14.

I am a little bit confused: a sysctl entry
"kern.threads.max_threads_per_proc" says that one process can run max
1500 threads. But I wrote test and it crashes with:
'Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create
new native thread', after starting ~ 8300 threads in the Virtual
Machine.
So it sais "native" in the exception, but they are much more than 1500.

Thanks