Date:      Mon, 2 Dec 1996 15:32:33 +1000 (est)
From:      Greg Ungerer <gerg@stallion.oz.au>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au, gerg@stallion.oz.au, alex@yahoo.com, hardware@freebsd.org, sos@ravenock.cybercity.dk, sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as Terminal Server

Bruce Evans writes:
> >Sure, but that one thing hardly makes the driver "Linlish".
>
> See they smiley.

Yeah, I see it.
I just figure most people don't know what you are on about.
I wanted to make sure no one has any misconceptions about the state
of the Stallion drivers.

> >> These drivers are mostly apparently unmaintained :=].
> >
> >Well, the Stallion drivers are???
>
> Are they? :-)

Sure.
People mail me bug reports, or ask for help and I help them.
How much more supported do you want???

Again, just to make it clear for everyone!

> >I have modified the Stallion drivers to only use spltty, and am bench
> >testing them now... Trivial change, code should be available in a few
> >days.
>
> Good.  Other things to do:

[...details snipped...]

Sure, I have better things to do than check every day if somebody has
changed the tty sub-system. Every now and again I have a poke around
and see what has changed. Every once in a while I will issue a driver
update that rolls new stuff in... Seems like a reasonable approach
to me... If someone needs an urgent update I can do that. Rarely happens
though.

Regards
Greg

Greg Ungerer                                       EMAIL: gerg@stallion.com
Stallion Technologies Pty Ltd                      PHONE:   +61 7 3270 4271
33 Woodstock Rd, Toowong, QLD 4066, Australia      FAX:     +61 7 3270 4245