Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 1999 12:22:40 -0700
From:      Jamie Norwood <mistwolf@mushhaven.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question on upgrading machine

I am considering moving a machine I have from 3 small drives
(2 2 G drives, I 4g drive) to 1 18G Cheetah.

The question I have is, could I safely install and configure it and get it
all running happily and such in a seperate machine from my running server,
then just move the SCSI host adapter and the drive into the main server?
Is this a major nono, or is it safe? Should I do a make world to make sure
it is fully right for that hardware?

Thanks for the help!

Jamie