Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:16:59 -0400
From:      Mark Saad <nonesuch@longcount.org>
To:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: fsck_ufs running too often

On Jun 22, 2012, at 5:47 PM, Leonardo M. Ram=C3=A9 <martinrame@yahoo.com> wr=
ote:

> Hi, since a few of days ago, I noticed my home server turns very slow more=
 than once a day, so every time I run "top" to see what's processes are runn=
ing, I can see fsck_ufs at the very top, and the hard drive working like mad=
.
>=20
> I've checked my crontab and there's nothing related to fsck_ufs, where can=
 I start searching for the cause of the problem?, I thought this process sho=
uld run only at boot or shutdown, but this time it is running -apparently- w=
ithout a cause.
>=20
> =20
> uname -a:
> FreeBSD server.my.local 9.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE #0: Tue Jan  3 07:=
46:30 UTC 2012     root@farrell.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC=
  amd64