Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:07:52 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>, Michael Collette <metrol@earthlink.net>, FreeBSD <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IRQ Problems with Stable

In message <20010823110421.E610@ted.isi.edu> Ted Faber writes:
: I know I've bugged you with my laptop problems before, but I'm going
: to try again.  4.4-RC cvsupped this morning, new kernel, new pccardd.
: The machine's a Fujitsu Lifebook C-5130.  When I insert a Linksys
: PCMPC100 ethernet card the laptop freezes.  ppcardd seems to allocate
: it irq 9, and it used to work fine on irq 11.  No matter how hard I
: try, (including -I) I can't seem to convince it not to.

Right.  Using PCI interrupts means you don't get a choice.  You must
use the shared interrupt pin.

: Here's a dmesg -v showing the boot and card insertion, the kernel
: config file, and the /etc/pccard.conf .  I think everything else is
: recent -STABLE.
:
: Let me know if there are things I can try or any way to help out.
:
: And I know you're working enormously hard on the PCCARD stuff, and I
: really appreciate all your work.  Thanks.

Try hw.pcic.init_route=1 in your /boot/loader.conf file.

If that doesn't work, I'll try a Friend's Lifebook C-5120 (or maybe it
is a 5130) tonight.

Warner