Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2002 00:56:52 +0200 (CEST)
From:      la hache <lah@pandora.be>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can't compile

> > > Do you have a glib.h file on the system?  If so, where?  What does:
> >
> > it's not in /usr/lib nor in /usr/local/lib
> >
> > > pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0
> > >
> > > report?
> >
> > # pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0
> > Package glib-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> > Perhaps you should add the directory containing `glib-2.0.pc'
> > to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> > No package 'glib-2.0' found
>
> You do not have glib20 properly installed.  Go to
> /usr/ports/devel/glib20, and rebuild and reinstall it.

did that 5 times today already ... doing it again in despair.

===>   Registering installation for glib-2.0.4_1

/usr/ports/devel/atk # rm -rf work && make install clean

checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link.

same as before ... may be something's wrong on my system. if i could just
fool that configure check and get the damn thing to work !