Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:30:12 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        kensmith@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on an Ultra2?

On Thursday 10 June 2004 03:40 pm, Mykel wrote:
> Will Andrews wrote:
> >On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 08:49:47PM +0200, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> >>I think so, since the SCSI controller isn't supported at all (as
> >>I understand the docs).
> >
> >Actually, this changed very recently with Scott's import of the
> >esp(4) driver, ported from NetBSD.
> >
> >regards,
>
> This /sounds/ encouraging to me, but does this just solve the
> pre-install boot situation or the installation too?
>
> Can you point me at an appropriate ISO with this fix? (or tell me which
> version to look for)

Someone will have to build an ISO as it was just committed yesterday, but with
the driver you won't need to netboot at all.  Ken, do you feel like rolling a
snapshot release for sparc64 and sticking it on ftp-master?  You might want
to coordinate with scottl@ in case he thinks he can fix the tagging
corruption problem in the next couple of days.