Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:30:56 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        mi@aldan.algebra.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org, eischen@vigrid.com, jb@cimlogic.com.au
Subject:   Re: uthread_init.c: 'Cannot get stdio flags' :-(

Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> Under what circumstances could a panic:
>
> 	Fatal error 'Cannot get stdio flags' at line ? in file
> 		/usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_init.c (errno = ?)
>
> be triggered?
>
> We are trying  to replace HylaFAX's ${PREFIX}/sbin/faxsend  with our own
> application, which is written with threads. The app works fine if called
> directly  -- from  command  line.  But it  dies  a  horrible death  when
> actually  invoked by  HylaFAX's  ${PREFIX}/sbin/faxq. Here  is a  rather
> short ktrace produced by replacing faxsend with a shell wrapper:

Looks like ${PREFIX}/sbin/faxq has closed file descriptor 0 (stdin).
It's legal to do that, so our thread initialisation will have to check
for EBADF and not fail in that case.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137