Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 1999 01:06:21 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      wjw@iae.nl (Willem Jan  Withagen)
To:        ken@plutotech.com (Kenneth D. Merry)
Cc:        wjw@iae.nl, scsi@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble on my DPT controller

You ( Kenneth D. Merry ) write:
=>  > It's been a long time since I looked at them, but probably they'll be
=>  > "wrong" (any Quantum sort of is, and that's why I have them at home, not at
=>  > work. :-)
=>  >
=>  > da1: <QUANTUM FIREBALL_TM2110S 300X> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-2 device
=>  > da1: Tagged Queueing Enabled
=>  > da1: 2013MB (4124224 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 256C)
=>
=>  Heh, yeah, Quantum disks are almost always suspicious. :)  I don't remember
=>  any problems with that drive specifically, although I certainly wouldn't
=>  rule out a firmware bug.
=>
=>  You should probably look on Quantum's ftp site and see if there is any
=>  updated firmware for the drive.  They released updated firmware for the
=>  Atlas II (LYK8) that fixed the hanging problem, and it's possible there may
=>  be newer firmware for that disk.

I'll try to tackle that part.

=>  > Is there any way to test the individual disks-defects "through" the DPT
=>  > controller?
=>  > [~wjw] root@hobby> scsi-defects /dev/rda1 Plist
=>  > SCIOCCOMMAND ioctl: Inappropriate ioctl for device
=>  > There are no defects (in this list).
=>
=>  Well, that's an old script, written for the old SCSI layer's userland
=>  interface.  Try 'camcontrol defects', like this:
=>
=>  camcontrol defects -n da -u 0 -f phys -PG
=>
=>  If you look at the camcontrol(8) man page or 'camcontrol help', you'll see