Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:45:30 +0000
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape 4.79 or 6.0?

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 01:03:36PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
| On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 07:03:03AM +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
|
| > That's what I run on my Win32 machine at work.  Last time I checked, the
| > port was marked 'broken' because of some Perl issue.
|
| Perhaps you should have checked again.

So do I need to have a different version of Perl installed to build Phoenix?
The 'broken' message says it only works with the version of Perl from ports.
I understand in 5.0 this is the new configuration, but I'm not quite sure
how to handle this under 4.7.

| > Does this port work with plugins, such as RealPlayer or Flash?
|
| It uses whatever plugins mozilla/netscape[67] can.  That means Linux
| plugins if you use linux phoenix, and FreeBSD plugins if you use
| FreeBSD phoenix.

I only see one version of Phoenix in the ports tree.

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.