Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2001 01:10:58 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Greg Black <gjb@gbch.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Panic at start of install 4.4-R

Sorry for the late reply, but I've been gone a week and a half in
Japan and didn't see this until now.

In message <nospam-1007101717.62531@bambi.gbch.net> Greg Black writes:
: I have no way of going back before the panic messages, but the
: final stuff on the screen (typed by hand) is:

For some reason, the machine isn't liking how we're doing PCI
interrupt routing for the cardbus bridge.  Try breaking into the boot
loader (where it gives you the countdown) and say
	set hw.pcic.intr_route=1
	set hw.pcic.irq=0
This will force ISA interrupt routing.  You will also need to add
these two lines w/o the set in front to /boot/loader.conf once you get
the system installed.  You will also have to then pick good IRQs to
use with the system.

If by chance you are in/near Boulder Colorado, I'd like access to this
machine for a few hours to try to fix the underlying problem.

Warner