Date:      Tue, 2 Sep 2003 12:28:06 +0530
From:      "Gautham Ganapathy" <gauthamg123list@myrealbox.com>
To:        "FreeBSD - Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   nForce2 problems - xl and snd_ich dod not work

Hi,

I am having problems getting sound and networking with my A7N8X-Deluxe
motherboard. This seems to be a common problem. I found a few posts which
suggested using 'device xl' (3Com) in the kernel configuration file and
adding snd_ich_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf to fix these problems. But I
am still not able to get these to work. dmesg does shows several undetected
devices. I am currently using FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE. Are there any other
options that I can try out?

Regards
Gautham