Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 07:39:17 -0500
From:      John Chrobak <john@ustrap.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   the berkeley packet filter

To anyone that can help me out,
I am working with freebsd release 2.2.8 .  I have most everything set up
the way I want it, except any apps requiring the bpf0.  It is included
in the GENERIC kernel make list file, defined as:
PSEUDO DEVICE	bpfilter	4  #Berkeley packet filter
and it is in the /dev directory but when I try to run ntop or trafshow I
get an error message telling me that the bpf0 is not configured.  What
am I doing wrong or am I missing something.

Please reply to john@ustrap.com

Thanks in advance!!

John C.