Date:      Mon, 28 Mar 2016 10:37:37 -0700
From:      Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@bluezbox.com>
To:        Mark R V Murray <markm@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: RPi 2 with 7-inch touchscreen.

> On Mar 28, 2016, at 5:44 AM, Mark R V Murray <markm@FreeBSD.org> =
wrote:
>=20
> Hi Folks,
>=20
> I have an RPi2 and I'm having some difficulties with the "official" =
7-inch touch-screen: =
https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/the-eagerly-awaited-raspberry-pi-display/=

>=20
> I know the touchscreen works, because it works with RaspBian. I can't =
get any activity out of it with FreeBSD, however.
>=20
> I'm using FreeBSD-11-CURRENT, and the boot image is based on an =
11-CURRENT "official" download, but I added a very recent build of =
sysutils/u-boot-rpi2.
>=20
> I can build CURRENT on the machine (using a USB SSD, manually =
mounted), and I made sure I had the latest RPI2.DTB file in the FAT =
partition.
>=20
> The screen stays stubbornly OFF.
>=20
> Here is the relevant extract of CONFIG.TXT:
>=20
> hdmi_force_unplug=3D1
> or
> hdmi_force_hotplug=3D1
> or
> #hdmi_safe=3D1
> or
> hdmi_ignore_edid=3D0xa5000080
> hdmi_drive=3D2
> hdmi_group=3D2
> hdmi_mode=3D28
>=20
> ... and I've tried a couple of combinations of the above with no luck. =
I can make an HDMI TV work, but not the inbuilt ribbon-cable interface.
>=20
> I suspect the DTB file as FreeBSD's is much smaller than RaspBian's, =
but I'm not all that clued in that department.
>=20
> Has anyone had any better luck than me?

Hi Mark,

I have it working. Here is my config.txt:

disable_commandline_tags=3D0
device_tree_address=3D0x100
device_tree=3Drpi2.dtb
kernel=3Du-boot.bin
gpu_mem=3D128
lcd_rotate=3D2
start_x=3D1
hdmi_force_hotplug=3D1
display_default_lcd=3D1

I guess relevant lines are these:

lcd_rotate=3D2
hdmi_force_hotplug=3D1
display_default_lcd=3D1

I also had touchscreen driver prototype working for it but can't find it =
at the moment :(=20
It's very simple busy read from memory window. Requires FDT modification =
and
interface to userland which FreeBSD does not have at the moment.=20