Date:      Sat, 18 Jun 2016 20:44:34 +0100
From:      "James Elstone" <james@elstone.net>
To:        <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Current state of arm64 with RP3?

Hi FreeBSD Arm Mailing List!

Firstly, as I have joined this mailing list today I thought I would say
"Hello World"!!

Secondly, Would it be possible for someone to outline the current state of
play is with FreeBSD-amd64 running on a Raspberry Pi 3 please?

I realise that I can cross compile and have a go but wanted to understand if
anyone had managed to get to a multi user state yet?

I have seen a few messages where people have posted that it can (i.e.
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arm/2016-March/013352.html) but
it wasn't clear if that was an off topic post about the state of arm64 or
that FreeBSD/arm64 was operating on a RP3 (although the hardware chipsets
being recognised did _seem_ on topic...)

I also with some excitement I found the following report on GitHub:
https://github.com/freebsd/crochet/issues/144, but couldn't help but notice
that the image name indicates it is a memory stick image and I thought that
the RP3 couldn't boot from a USB stick
(http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/43531/raspberry-3-boot-from-
usb-but-how)?!? Can anyone shed any light on this please?

So in earnest, can you good people of the arm mailing list help me start on
this journey with some initially hopeful news please, and if anyone has any
guidance beyond the wiki pages for cross building
(https://wiki.freebsd.org/arm64) I would be very grateful!

Kind regards,

James