Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2002 02:58:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Camelia NASTASE <camelia@office.dnt.ro>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: buildworld failure

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Camelia NASTASE wrote:

> maybe this will give you a clue, cause' i'm still stucked with the
> buildworld problem:
>
> /usr/ports/archivers/unarj# make install
> 1: not found
> *** Error code 127
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/archivers/unarj.
>
> the same happens for every port. maybe this is because i cvsup'ed the
> ports along with cvsup'ing the source tree.

Two things you can try. First:

mkdir testdir
cd testdir
echo 'all:' > Makefile
make

If that gives you errors, the problem is either with make itself, or with
/usr/share/mk. If it doesn't give you errors, try 'rm -r /usr/ports/Mk
/usr/ports/archivers/arj' and then cvsup again and see what happens. Also,
if your supfile for ports doesn't look something like this:

$ grep -v ^# /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile

*default host=CHANGE_THIS.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
ports-all

Try using that (change the first line obviously).

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?